Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Well Pump Pressure Release Valve Dripping

On 2 Jul 2006 11:07:04 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"trashmanvic" quickly quoth:

Eric in North TX wrote:
Ok, you don't say for sure, but I'm assuming you replaced it. If it is
like mine, it has a knurled knob on top. There is an adjustment under
that, adjust it a little higher (tighter, clockwise I think) and see if
that helps.

Hi Eric
The valve I am working with is not for a water heater as someone
mentioned above but for a well tank. The valve is quite smaller than a
hot water tank valve and very different. It basically is just a brass
fitting with spring inside(visible) and the opening is like a garden
hose fitting that is where the drip comes from. Dont think there is an
adjustment on this one. THere is s small piece size of dime that is
threaded in but doesnt look like it should be messed with. I can see
the explosion now hahaha
Should have seen me when I took it off. Turned off the 220v shut the
water off. Only thing is didnt think about the pressure tank needless
to say I took quite the shower and had quite a mess to clean

Lowes, etc. have whole-house water filters for under $30. They're
quite nice and catch all that pressure tank gunk when you
depressurize. g I'm thinking of adding a second one in parallel so I
don't have to go out to the pump house but twice a year. Hmmm, would
that be considered lazy?

When I replaced my water heater last year, the old one was nearly 400
lbs empty. It had been filled with sand over the years, possibly when
a new pump was put in. I couldn't believe I only got about 20 gallons
of water out of a 30 gallon tank. The new filter precludes that from
ever happening again.

One thing I've learned about pressure valves is that I don't mess with
them. If they leak, I replace 'em and -don't- "test" the new one.

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases