Posted to alt.home.repair
Curly Sue Curly Sue is offline

Default Casement window air conditioners

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:34:42 -0400, Nathan Zimmerman
wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for casement window air
conditioning units? I have a narrow casement window in the bedroom and
would like to avoid a through the wall unit.

When I moved in the previous owner had a junky-looking casement AC in
the bedroom (which I had her discard). The inside window sill was
rotted. I have a portable AC now which requires sticking a vent out
the window. Because I have no place to store it, it is not the
optimal situation. Fortunately for most days around here, open
windows and a fan is sufficient.

If the casement AC doesn't work out, a portable might be an option.

Sue(tm)