Posted to alt.home.repair
Bruin Bruin is offline

Default Our through the Wall Sleeve Air Conditioner..

"Bruin" wrote in message
. ..
Our through the wall sleeve air conditioner no longer functions. It is
about 35 years old & time for a replacement. This is a condo, we have one
in the front room & one in the back, in our computer room. The current
unit is 8500 BTUs in a 170 sqft room plugged into a 220 outlet.

We have located several choices that appear to fit. In particular, two
units, a 8,000 & a 13,200 BTU that we can purchase & bring home today. The
8000 BTU is a 110 & would be on the same circuit as the computers.
The 13200 unit is 220 & would be on it's own circuit.

Problem ONE: How the hell do I get the old one out?!? It seems to be
in there solid, VERY solid. Any suggestions are welcome & I understand
that answering this one without seeing it is difficult.

Problem TWO: the 13200 BTU unit is overkill I am sure. However, keeping
it on it's own circuit is necessary. Is there such a thing as an adapter
to go from the 220 to the 110?

TIA!

UPDATE!

Problem ONE is solved. With the right persuader, one can move mountains.
All I need is a dolly to cart it out of here (& bring the new one in when I
purchase it).