Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan HeatMan is offline

Default possible A/C problem

"Jean" wrote in message
Last night my a/c (heat pump type) stopped working. This morning I went
outside to the heat pump unit and pressed the "high pressure control
manual reset" button, then I turned the unit on. It has worked fine ever
since. However, the fact that I needed to hit the reset button makes me
think that there is a problem with the system. What sorts of things
would cause one to have to use the reset button?

Most circumstances means either a clogged condenser coil or a faulty OFM.
Since it's worked fine ever since, it's probably a clogged coil.