Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Help on front door mortise lock

I lost my last key for the entrance door. I have another cylinder that
i would like to replace it with. I took off the 4 screws and then
inserted a screw driver into the key slot and tried to turn the
cylinder into the opposite direction, but it would not budge. On the
inside there is the latch that locks the door from the inside with a
bolt...looks like its attached to that cylinder. If the last resort is
to get a locksmith to make keys from this lock, is it worth it or
should I just get it repaired? The cost, if known? Thanks