Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default How to deal with flea in carpet?

"ibmtech" wrote in
oups.com:

bnlfan wrote:
Eggs of fleas can stay unhatched for a very long time. The vibration
from vacuuming can cause them to hatch. You can get chemicals that
are safe to spray on your furniture. carpet, and other infected
areas.

I had a dog and 3 cats that I found dropped off in our area. I took
them in and got fleas really bad.

I went to my local do it yourself pest control company and used what
they recommended.; I haven't had fleas in 3 years. Here is a link
to some informaiton for it.

http://www.bugsaway.com/fleas/

You can buy from them to have it shipped.

I found this works very well in my home to get rid of our flea problem
in early summer. I sprinkle borax power on the carpet we leave it
overnight and vac the next day it kills the eggs by drying them out. I
have been using this for 5 years now and it has worked great.
The local pest control told me this is what he uses in homes for
families that can't take the harsh chemical smell.

I bought a gallon spray jug from Home Depot for $10,containing the insect
growth regulator,and it works great,and doesn't smell.Enforcer Flea Spray.

And it also kills palmetto bugs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik