Posted to alt.home.repair
rb608 rb608 is offline

Default Woodpecker holes and painting

"cas" wrote in message
They might be carpenter bee holes,

snip
Woodpeckers. *sigh* I love 'em. I don't like when they decide my house
is a playground.snip

Before we bought our present house, I was taking a walk-around with the
previous owner, an intersting old guy in his 80's. I noticed that there was
a badminton racket leaning near the door of every out building. After
seeing enough of them, I had to ask. He used them for the carpenter bees
for the very reason you mention. The bees get into the siding of the barn,
shed, etc., then the woodpeckers tear the place up trying to get at them.
Whenever he would see one of the bees, he's try and dispatch it with the
badminton racket. FWIW, I tried it a few times, & they're not as easy to
hit as it looks.

Joe F.