Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning Plastic Bath

In article .com,
John wrote:
T-Cut is a fine abrasive. It may work but will leave a micro-scratched
surface that's likely to hold dirt and stains.

Then the same would apply to car paint?

In my experience it does. I always follow T-Cut with polish for that
reason. T-Cut leaves my car paint looking quite dull but that's on
celulose which is quite soft. A good quality polish then brings up a
shine. On black celulose, the only polish I can find that works is
Johnsons Wax. B/Y hard work but looks lovely.

My old Rover used to be black cellulose and compounding brought up a good
shine - although I prefer Farecla to T-Cut. Obviously, a good wax can
improve that shine, but I certainly wouldn't have called it dull.

--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.