Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Default Can anyone tell me a brand name?

mm wrote in message ...
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:51:26 -0700, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom
wrote:

I did some stenciling of roses on a white surfaced, wooden bread box,
and I want to seal it with varnish or something like that, so it can

be
wiped easily without being too careful, but I want it to stay white

and
not turn yellow as I've seen some varnishes do. Maybe I'll try the
ultra-blond shellac. Thanks.

I'm not sure but Doesn't shellac turn white when wet, obscuring the
roses?

I'm not sure either, but when I did shellac a bed post headboard with
stencilling, it looked fine, and then turned yellow, while the rest of
the bed frame remained white. That's what I'm trying to avoid. One day
when I have nothing but money to invest, I would like to bring both of
these items back to original wood, since they are over fifty years old,
but for now, paint and shellac is the best I can do. :-)

Cheri