Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Wagner Paint Stick Thingies Any Good?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Wheeler wrote:
I like the concept of filling paint in the handle and not having to
continually dip into a tray, but are they any good?
- hard to fill?
- hard to clean?
- leave a good paint surface?
- leaks at seals?

Thanks - jim

I don't have a Wagner brand, just some no-brand stick roller I picked
up many years ago, when they first came out. I love it! It works great,
has never leaked, there's almost never any drips even when painting
ceilings, which is what I bought it for. With the extension pole I can
stand on the floor and paint for 15 minutes before I need to refill the
roller. It fills easily. I finished the kitchen ceiling (20"x22") in
less than an hour. Yes, you still have to finish the edges with a
brush, but that's true for any roller. For cleanup you really need to
use the tub, or at least it's easier because of the length of the tube,
but you just keep forcing water through the tube, and it cleans up
fine. The roller cleans like a regular roller. Since mine's an ancient
no-brand I can't recommend the Wagner, but I love paint sticks.
However, as always, YMMV.

Hilary

Ditto on Hillary's comments. The roller cleans up much easier thatn most
because the interior of the roller is perforated to allow the paint to flow.
This makes the warm soapy water flow better as well. I wish that I'd found
this long ago.