Nick Hull

Default Pearl Harbor

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

Im still waiting for your suggestions on how the situation could have
been handled differently, and how you would handle it now.

We should handle terrorism the same way it was handled in the past when
the huge bomb made such a mess of Wall St or when that school was blown
up in (Wisconsin?). That was so many years ago people have forgotton
about them. We should just clean up the mess and move on. When we are
losing 35,000 Americans every year due to influenza coming from China
why should the 3000 at the WTC be treated differently?

As far as preventing terrorism, it should be done statistically. We
need fewer enemies, and we would have a lot less if we treated everyone
fairly and didn't take sides in foreign disputes (as was suggested by
George Washington in his farewell assress). The best Homeland Defense
is for many americans to actually carry arms; if that had been done
prior to 9/11 there is little doubt that there would have been no
successful skyjackings.

If the govt wants to do something effective in stopping terrorism, it
would rejuvinate the DCM with perhaps more emphasis on pistols; after
all it is the pistol rather than the rifle that is the first line od
defense. The rifle is an offensive weapon, the pistol (especially
concealed) is all you have when you are surprised.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/