Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Asberry

Default What is the average life of drywall behind tile in shower?

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:31:26 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:09:52 -0700, Oren wrote:

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

If it isn't documented it didn't happen. Subpoena, cost, court time,
etc., in a winnable case? Not me.

Oren

Perhaps it is just personality, but I will spend whatever is necessary
to collect what is owed me.

So you'll spend a billion dollars to collect a penny?

I doubt it would take anything near that.

Let's say you had signed a promissory note for a pennys worth of
education. How much aggravation would you endure before settling up?

I once filed a small claim case for a $25.00 bad check. Won my
judgement for the $25 and my $28 court costs. Filed the judgement and
kept it renewed. Twenty-one years later the guy was trying to buy a
house and came in wanting to settle the judgement. Over $400.

By the same token, I will spend whatever is necessary to make it right
when I'm in the wrong. That hard rule has served me well in over 40
years in business.

In court, that means being prepared to defend or attack. I will not
lose because I left a slip of paper at home.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--