DanaK DanaK is offline
Junior Member

I'm located around San Angelo, TX so we're hot and dry like I assume you are. Currently we're on vacation in Baton Rouge, La. with my uncle but will be back later next week.

The patent description I mentioned showed the exact thing you're describing - showering the coils directly which I don't like as we're in limestone country and the water is hard, hard. I was thinking of putting the misters a few feet away and possibly adding a covering of sheet metal to help direct the fog and allow it to evaporate before it got the coils as you say. My uncle suggested the swamp cooler pads as well. R.O. is expensive and I haven't made the calculations of how much the coils can evaporate vs. how much the r.o. units can make and how long the filters and membranes will last but I feel that the savings on electricity would make it worth it.

There's a workable solution for my unit out there somewhere - it's a Ruud - but there's a lot of codenser designs and yours may require a totally different solution.

I'll check back when we get back home. Thanks for answering.

Dana