Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb

Default Can anyone tell me a brand name?

Cheri wrote:
I'm looking for a brand of varuthane (sp) that doesn't turn yellow after
application and stays clear. I haven't had any luck in finding it so
far.

Varathane _is_ a brand name -- a RustOleum product, specifically.

Not sure what you're really asking for--a varnish with UV protection or
a product that is actually nearly colorless?

If the former, all varnishes will yellow some w/ time, UV-inhibitors
can help, but don't eliminate it completely. All varnishes have a
certain amount of color if you're talking of initial color.

If you really want a "non-yellowing" finish out of the can, your best
bet is probably either an ultra-blond shellac or lacquer.

Knowing more about the project and end objective would undoubtedly help
w/ more specific advice.