Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default Flooded Basement

In article , mm says...

On 30 Jun 2006 01:40:14 -0700, wrote:

Of course, in the end, the real question will be how much $$$ the
actual damage amounts to. If it's not significant enough, it may not
be worth fighting.

That's true too. I've never had 2 inches like the OP, but when there
has been water, most of the damage was to the carboard cartons I keep
things in, that I get free at the grocery store or liquor store.

It's an enormous pain for me, but I don't know how much U could get
from an insurance company for that! It never occurred to me to make a
claim, but like I say, I didn't have 2 inches.

Another thing on my list to do is to glue or something a piece of wood
into the doorway between the room with sump and washing machine and
sink and the other room. It will look crummy and I'll have to explain
it to a buyer someday,

No you won't have to explain it to a buyer. The buyer will read:

"NOTICE! THIS BASEMENT FLOODS!"

Better to fix the problem.

Banty