Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews

Default new cast iron soil pipe ?

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

I'm not a Building Control Officer ....
But I am under the impression that all 'new' buildings - post

1960-ish(?) -
had to have the soil pipe routed within the house. Certainly the new-build
house I moved into in 1965 had the stack 'internal'. Am I wrong?

I'm not sure when our house was built - probably the 60's. It's a three
bedroom semi. Attached to us is a 4 bedroom semi. All along the road the 4
bedroom semis have the stack outside and the 3 bedroom semis have them
inside..

It's not a huge house and removing the stack has made a big difference in
the bathroom (where the stack was boxed in) and it'll make a big difference
in the kitchen when it's refitted (currently we have the stack but it's no
longer used). In the kitchen in particular, it really messes up the layout
of the units.

Paul

Brian