Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl

Default Smelly Water - Help!

"Oren" wrote in message
On 29 Jun 2006 17:12:47 -0700, "
wrote:

Ok, this one has been vexing me, the neighbors and the plumbers and I'm
hoping someone can help.

Do you a have a Reverse Osmosis system and Water Softener? I once had
a "rotten-egg" smell, due to filters needing changing in my RO system.

Oren

IF you get your water from the Lake Michigan, it is prone to strange smells
caused by Zebra mussels. IT seems that they have cleaned the water so much
that sunlight can now penetrate to the water intake pipes causing Plankton
blooms that get sucked in to the drinking water. Nothing toxic, jusyt
smelly. IT comes and goes depending on conditions.

At least thats the explanation they sent around....