Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker

Default Tektronics 453 scope

g. beat wrote:

That is what I was assuming (Tek 453) ...and was just a typo

Jeepers, a working 453!

A marvelous scope, in terms of quality of components and amount of
gold-plated whatzamacallits.

But the last few I've seen gave me the impression they're not a super
choice these days-- they all needed a new round of power supply
capacitors (relatively cheap), had shaky CRT HV circuits, and needed a
set of new nuvistors (very rare 6xxx series).

And the worst part, the DC balance pots were very noisy and
intermittent-- and it's a MAJOR disassembly job to get to those to
clean them.

Maybe add this one to your scope museum.