Posted to rec.woodworking
professorpaul

Default How to care for tools?

When I was in the appartment stage in my life, things had to go in tool
boxes. For small tools, I still do that -- model making, electronic,
etc. I now have things up in my workshop area on peg boards. I can see
them, and they are ready at hand. I also have a small tote box that get
loaded up with stuff when I have a household project, then the tools
get returned to the bench.

I make it a point to have any edged tool -- chisel, saws, etc., hanging
free so that it doesn't damage the edge. Boxes for small stuff, cans of
paint, etc. Everything in its place, as one poster said.

Specialized stuff like bike to automotive tools do have a separate box.
I like the plastic ones, as they cushion things a bit. Sportsman's "Dry
boxes" for tool sets in the car. They have a rubber "O" ring that keeps
moisture and dirt out.

The guy who dies with the most tools wins...