Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson

Default Aircon Question (Slightly O/T)

sm_jamieson wrote:
Shokka wrote:
Bought a Toshiba Aircon unit from a classified ad and it works in a
slightly different way to my other aircon unit (B&Q) and I wondered
why.

Its a floor standing unit on wheels with an exhaust hose which goes
through a hole in the wall, same as the B&Q unit.

However, it has a large water tank which needs refilling, whereas the
B&Q one doesn't. It's NOT an evaporative cooler, so what is the water
needed for?

It works *really* well, far better than the B&Q model so the water is
obviously doing something..but what?

shokka

What's the model number. - should be able to look up on toshiba website
and
find a manual or something that would explain.
Simon.

Um, are you sure the water tank is not just the one to collect the
water extracted from the air ? The you empty, not fill ?
Or are you saying there are 2 tanks ?
Simon.
Or