Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default In search of a BETTER pen press

I use a cable assembly press that I got for about $2 at a swap meet -
like a light duty arbor press. you can make your own very easiy out
of many different designs, but it's probably faster to just get a
small arbor press

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:19:07 GMT, skeezics
wrote:

On 29 Jun 2006 09:00:50 -0700, "kcleere"
wrote:

I currently use a pen press from PSI and it's only "Adequate", The push
toggle flexes up under pressure and theres a little all around slop in
the opposite pressing surface. I like this style of press and want to
make my own.

Just wondered if anyone has built their own and has found a good heavy
duty horizontal toggle that didn't flex and also how flex was handled
on the other end. Any pics you might have would be great too.

Thanks....Ken

i use a harbor freight arbor press. works great and can be mounted to
your assembly bench in a matter of minuts. cheaper than a good pen
press too!

skeez

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com