Posted to alt.home.repair
Carpenter

Default Weed Whacker dies after warm-up

Puddin' Man wrote:
Hi,

I've had this Homelite Bandit sx-135 for years. Generally a good
little machine ...

Fired it up today, started normally. Ran OK for maybe 2 minutes,
then wouldn't take gas, finally died. Added lots of gas. Same result.

Gas and oil properly mixed, exhaust shows proper smoke. I checked
the manual and blew out the fuel line. Same result on retest.

Anybody got a handle on such a problem?

TIA,
Puddin'

I would check/clean spark plug and carburettor. Either one or both
could be gummed up with fuel gunk. Also the gaskets could be
cracked... Some carb cleaner and a new spark plug is where I would
start from...