Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler System Problem

wrote:
I just moved into an old house that has a built in sprinkler system.
Unfortunately, one of the zones does not work, yet 2 of them do.

By researching previous posts, I've found some good ideas on how to
check if it is the wiring by hooking up the wires from a zone that
works to one that doesn't and testing it that way.

However, if it still does not work, apparently it is probably a valve
problem. The thing is, I didn't know that each zone had a valve and I
have no idea where a valve would be or what it would look like. I've
looked everywhere near that zone for some sort of cutoff switch in the
ground but can't find anything.

You really sound clueless on this, which is not a criticism, really. We
are all clueless until we learn. You might try taking alook at the
webpage link I posted below and see if that helps you identify what you
are looking at. Also, any local library worth their paste should have
oddles of sprinkler books that should be invaluable with pictures, etc.

It just sounds as if you have one valve that is not working. If so, it
needs to be replaced. A few different ways to do that, but that sounds
as if it might be beyond you at the moment. You may have to end up
paying someone to come out, watch what they are doing so you will know
next time.

However, if you are as stubborn as I am, you will probably spend a lot
of time figuring it out and doing it yourself. More power to you.