Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
ameijers

Default Heath-Zenith Wireless doorbells are garbage - Followup

wrote in message
ps.com...
marketing name recognition only. the company was totally shut down,
name sold for marketing.

heatrhkit made great stuff, so sad.

Yeah, a favorite pet peeve of mine- the quality names from my mis-spent
youth, mostly all gone belly up, but not allowed a dignified death. The
quality is long gone, but the name lives on. Once in a great while, it is
nice to see the pretend company go belly up or get eaten, a la Packard Bell.
Seems like all the prestige stereo companies of the 60s and 70s are now just
Pacific rim brand names. Tools, a similar tale. And don't get me started on
bicycles (Schwinn) or computer stuff. They had to give up on the 'Buy
America' act at work. Nobody in N.A. makes any of that stuff any more- at
most they slap the mainland China parts together.

Ah well- I suppose as long as they are making so much money off us, they
won't start a war against us....

aem sends...