Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-freebies
Joseph Meehan

Default Sorting out that DRIP at home - from the horse's mouth

wrote:
..
The bottom line is
- Self fusing rubber tape worked well, but several layers and it
appears that allowing a thin layer of water between successive layers
improves the seal.
- Cloth reinforced epoxy worked OK as an interim fix

Since it is possible this is not a Troll, let me say, there is no way of
fixing this that will work other than doing it the right way by replacing
the section of pipe. From what you have written, I would suggest paying the
doctor price to the plumber and not try it yourself. It is not a difficult
job, but it does require a number of easy skills that it appears you lack
and learning them will cost you more than the plumber.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit