Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnH

Default Sorting out that DRIP at home - from the horse's mouth

Since plumbers charge more than doctors (probably not in the league of
lawyers however who charge like wounded bulls), I had a go at fixing
this myself. I don't have a brazing torch, pipe cutter or grease-monkey
wrenches, so I tried the band-aid approach.

You could buy a pipe cutter and some compression fittings for a couple
dollars and repair this correctly and permanently in about 10 minutes;
probably less money than you have in the rigs so far. You could ask a
handy neighbor to give you advice; not that you need much. The
do-it-yourself stores can help too.