Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead

Default Burying Above Ground Pool

Sooner or later the pool water must be replaced. It becomes "stale".
Actually it accumulates cyanuric acid "stabilizer". This blocks clorine
from combining with impurities. (Much more to this but not here.) The only
way to lower the level of cyanuric acid is to replace the water. Usually
about every 5 - 8 years but it depends on which chemicals are used and how
often the pool is used. Most of the time the water "refresh" is done when
the liner is replaced.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm interested in putting in an above ground pool, but to save on the
cost of a large deck around it, I'd like to bury it. Our soil is very
compact, clay like, no rocks at all. I have read you can back fill with
sand and bury up to within 6" of the top of the pool. I understand rust
can be a problem, but would most likely use rubberized water proofing
material on the steel priori to burial.

Can this be done?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!