Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne

Default I can not find a chair leg protector for this type of chair

this place here has a bunch that should work fine
http://www.shifflerequip.com/subcat.phtml?cat_id=5

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

I have a heavy chair used on a wood surface. I have tried many
different chair leg protectors on the legs but they end up breaking
within a few days. I don't want to scratch my wood floor (I have
done that in the past)

Here is the description of the leg of the chair. It is made of iron.
The leg itself is "hollowed out" at the bottom. That is where the
original plastic insert has worn down to the point of actually being
gone. The size of the hole where the original plastic insert fit, is
1 1/4 circular diameter.

1) Is there some type of plastic liquid that I can squirt in the
chair leg that will mold to the leg? So I can then sit on the chair
and make it slide easily on a wood floor?

2) I don't want to place a carpet over the floor as it is in a room
used for entertaining and the chair is supposed to slide when I get
up from the table.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net