Suz

Default Woohoo - good water pressure, combi's on!

Waterline came out unprompted after an email enquiring what our pressure is.
Flow rate is 13 litres a minute, pressure is 5 bars at 11:00am. He did warn
they will be dropping pressure to avoid leaks from burst pipes in the
future, but our position means it shouldn't be too bad. Woohoo.

So all we need to decide now is what gas combi model would be good for us
(moving from oil). We want 2 really good showers. We looked at the
condensing Vaillant ecoMAX 835/2 E 11.9 litres a minute at 42 C. Will look
at other makes too. Few questions:

1. Is it OK to put in an understair cupboard, with a vent to outside?

2. Will we need a flue? It would be 3 storeys to the apex of the roof, we
like to avoid a big ugly flue if we can.

A preparatory pipe is all ready laid under a new drive to bring the gas in
at this point, and an outside drain is only a few feet along.

3. Can we drain the condensate through the wall and along a pipe into this
drain, or will that cause a proble with freezing?

4. On the Vaillant site there are VANTAGE unvented hot water cylinders.
Would we need one of these too for any reason?

5. If somebody turns the a hot/cold tap are we likely to get frozen/scalded
in the shower? (Or even is there a wee flutter of temperature change?)

6. Is 5 bars at 11:00am likely to drop dramatic at the peak 7:00 to 9:00am?

TIA
Suzanne