Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

Default 127mm core drilling error, help please

"Mathew Newton" wrote

I'm no core drilling expert however when I hired a 150mm core drill it
came with a pilot drill bit AND a *smooth* guide bit. Hence, I drilled
right through with the pilot drill bit and then used the core drill
along with the smooth guide bit to do the biggie. The smooth guide bit
obviously didn't do any further damage to the pilot hole hence the
whole thing went through cleanly...

Bang on.
Have done a couple of similar jobs recently but had forgotten about the
solid centre guide.
Going through breeze was OK, but the external brick leaf took forever (guess
that's the price you pay for being a light weight office boy instead of the
rufty-tufty building site dweller).

Phil