Posted to alt.home.repair
kevin

Default Burying Above Ground Pool

wrote:
We're 8 miles out in the country on 6 acres (should have said that)
with no real access to our property, and there are lots of things more
dangerous than a pool should someone decide to come onto the property
and mess around (they'd have to make a very hard effort.) No zoning

Good luck on your pool. I always loved the nieghbors pool as a kid (and
I never want to own one now).

If your property is really this dangerous, maybe you should consider
remedying the situation. The "zoning nazis" as another poster put it,
may be a pain. But safety regulations do have a kernel of truth to
them. You ARE (partially) liable if people get hurt on your property
due to your negligence, even if they didn't belong there in the first
place. Both legally, and IMO, morally.

8 miles isn't so far for a couple of kids out biking and getting into
mischief. Do you have any neighbors? Is there a road nearby (and say a
stranded driver comes to your house for help)? Might a hiker wander on
to your property by accident? Do you have visitors sometimes, ever?
There are lots of reasons why someone might end up on your property.
And if your carelessness kills them, you will be responsible.

Your pool should get a fence. But first maybe you should do something
about your "more dangerous" stuff.

-Kevin