Posted to uk.d-i-y
shaun

Default 127mm core drilling error, help please

MikeT wrote:

Another slightly worrying thing is the safety clutch, no mention of it
in the sds+ drill manual, but is was spec'd on Screwfix's
discription. I emailed screwfix and they replied a day later to say
they had asked the manufacturers and yes it did have a clutch, I
guess I will find out if it tries to snatch on me.

Not teaching you to suck eggs but be very careful until you find out.

A pal of mine ended up in A&E when he found out his cheap SDS didn't have a
clutch. He was up a (short) ladder drilling a core, the core bit snagged and
the drill swung round at full speed smacking him square in the face. He was
very lucky it didn't shatter his cheek / eye socket - the broken nose was
seen as a lucky escape.

That particular drill is now consigned to chiselling only....