Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Default Alternate electric ideas

visit a COSTCO and buy a couple of packages of their energy saving bulbs.
They easily save 70% over conventional bulbs.
"Jason" wrote in message
oups.com...
1) Cut your electric use

You know, I really have no idea why our electric bill is so high. It's
a relatively new house, well insulated, and although we have some neat
gadgets (hot tub, central heat and air, a few fish tanks, etc), it
feels awfully high.

2) Ask the power co if they have an off peak meter available

Good idea.

3) Ask the power guys what that gadget is

Unfortunately, he either doesn't know or isn't willing to give me any
information on it. I tried that at first, but he was more interested in
trampling all of my not-so-cheap flowers and shrubs to listen.

4) Call some local electricians and ask about backup generators. Might
be possible to put in a generator that runs off natural gas.

As far as I know, there's no natural gas source in my county; I'm in a
pretty rural area. I've looked in to gas generators, but gas is so
expensive now that the monthly expense would actually exceed my current
bill.

- J