Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default Our destruction and world anhilation is inevitable.

wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:43:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"

theres that briefcase with the codes a presenditial aide carries at all
times.

if a president lost it what would prevent launch?

I don't think that someone calling on a cell phone and telling COMSTRATCOM
to blow the Russkies to Kingdom Come would fly very well even if he did
have the codes. Perhaps if there were already incoming missiles in the
air . . .

Yeah, well I recall several years ago where what was considered the
most secure computers in the world. They claimed that no one could
hack into these computers. Then some high school kid proved them
wrong.

Which computers were those?

Bush is not smart enough to hack into his own toilet if someone puts
the lid down, but what if some kid (or anyone) hacked into the system
and eliminated the need for all the codes. Then Bush has a bad day
and pushes the button just to releive stress, (thinking nothing will
happen), and KABOOM !!!

Or Bush decides that he wants to nuke (anywhere), and takes it upon
himself to do the job (just like his personal war). He can't hack the
system himself, but he can pay ANYONE enough money to do the job for
him, and some people will do anything for money. and KABOOM

By that logic Osama could bribe the same people as Bush.

NOTHING is foolproof..... Particularly electronics....
Bush IS crazy enough to do it, and with a little help from any hacker,
he CAN destroy the earth.

If missile launches were controlled by computers you might be on to
something, but they are not, the standards call for human-controlled links
between any computer and any ordnance. All the hackers in the world can't
make a computer pull a key off of a neck chain.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate