Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Burying Above Ground Pool

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm interested in putting in an above ground pool, but to save on the
cost of a large deck around it, I'd like to bury it. Our soil is very
compact, clay like, no rocks at all. I have read you can back fill with
sand and bury up to within 6" of the top of the pool. I understand rust
can be a problem, but would most likely use rubberized water proofing
material on the steel priori to burial.

I don't know much about pools, so excuse anything I say that might be
foolish.
I have seen pools that were simply holes dug in the ground with membranes
put over the dirt. Clay would seem ideal. As long as it was full of water,
it should be plenty stable. No?