Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Anyone getting flooded in PA

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:17:04 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

We've had torrential rains before, but nothing lasting this long or this
torrential. The only water that I had was a darkening line along my back
wall at the floor. It was only about 2-3 inches into the garage (the line of
wetness) and only in one spot about 2 ft long. I just don't want future
problems, I know that I can re route my gutters and spouts.

Searcher

If you plan to live there for 5 years and move, then you
can basically look at the house as a disposable dwelling,
in which case, don't worry about it. If you're on what's
supposed to be a family estate, occupied for generations,
then you want the house to withstand rainfall of biblical
proportions. Ideally, you'd have the house bermed,
and have drain-tile around the footings leading to
open-air discharge, AND have a sump-pit and pump.