Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default Our destruction and world anhilation is inevitable.

wrote:

I have been in the titan missle silo museum near tuscon arizona. REALLY
RECOMMENDED! Its all set up to be foolproof, but what if a fool were a
impaired president

I have heard a story, told in his cups by a fellow who claimed to have been
the guy with the briefcase full of codes at the time and thus presented to
me as an eyewitness account, that on two separate occasions members of the
Cabinet physically restrained Richard Nixon from launching a nuclear strike
on North Vietnam--he claims that on one of those occasions Henry Kissinger
physically sat on Nixon. So that is one restraint. There are also, I
understand, policy constraints--this is what the "launch on warning" debate
was about a few years ago, to take one example.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate