Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander

Default 127mm core drilling error, help please

"MikeT" wrote in message
On June 28 2006, "Jim Alexander" wrote:

Did the instructions say to make a pilot hole right through? Done a
few of
these, too long ago to remember the exact procedure but checking the
Marcrist
support page it says drill with the pilot drill until the core is 5mm
into
the material then remove the pilot drill. Maybe that is the problem.

Jim A

Be nice to have got that far in Jim

With it all thrashing about all I have done is make a big mess on the
brick surface with the core cutter tips. There were no instructions with
it but I would have remover the pilot if I ever got far enough into the
brick to do so.

I guess there is no easy way to suggest his but you did have hammer off,
didn't you?

Jim A