Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander

Default 127mm core drilling error, help please

"MikeT" wrote in message
I have a few holes to drill and so does a friend so we bought a 127mm x
150 diamond core drill between us, it came with a 200mm sds+ core drill
arbor and a 10mm x 200mm tapered guide drill.

I bought a Titan 1250watt sds+ drill with safety clutch from Screwfix
and today attempted my first hole through single skin brick.

I first fitted the pilot drill to the arbor and drilled that hole right
through, then fitted the 127mm core to the arbor and attempted to start
drilling.

Did the instructions say to make a pilot hole right through? Done a few of
these, too long ago to remember the exact procedure but checking the
Marcrist
support page it says drill with the pilot drill until the core is 5mm into
the material then remove the pilot drill. Maybe that is the problem.

Jim A