Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Motion sensing lights

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:45:00 -0400, Jud McCranie
wrote:

Our house has motion-sensing light outside that come on at night when
motion is detected. The problem is that after a power failure, they
stay on all night (and maybe all day, I'm not sure). After a few days
of switching them off and back on, they start working correctly again.
I don't have a manual for the lights (they were here when we bought
the house). After a power failure, what is the easiest way to get
them back in the correct mode?

I have a light-sensing front door light and back-yard floodlight that
I installed myself. Made by different companies. I have the manuals
but am too lazy to read them again.

It seems the front door light easy to reset in the day and the
floodlight in the dark. But it could be the opposite with another
brand. It took me years to notice this. With one, I would get tired
trying to reset it at night and think, I'll try again tomorrow.
Tomorrow during the day, it would be easy. The other one would be the
opposite.