Posted to alt.home.repair
Brad

Default stinky shower drain

You could be getting sewer gas coming back through the pipe. You could
try and trace the buildings vent pipes and check that that drain line
has a proper vent, and that vent is not plugged.
Brad
Jeff wrote:
I have a weird problem. I have 1 shower drain in the house that smells
like sulfur. No other drains or hot water outlets in the house smell.
Just the one in my shower. It only smells after I have been running
the hot water for about 2-3 minutes. It doesn't smell during the day
or night, but just when the hot water has been recently used, and after
a couple minutes at that. I have tried drano, bleach, and other
cleaners but have no luck.

Any ideas? I appreciate all the help.

Thanks,

Jeff