Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques

Default noisy central air, whooshing noise inside wall?

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:29:29 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Kremlar" quickly quoth:

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any easy solutions?

You might solve/reduce it by pouring insulation in to the opening the
liens run.

Even though I am out of my 1 year home warranty, in your opinion, do I have
any recourse?

Find out what company put in the a/c and ask them (nicely) to repair
it. It definitely sounds like a a/c-line-related noise problem.

Alternatively, have an a/c guy come out and check the freon level. If
it's OK, you need to realize it's not a real physical problem and
start to get used to it.

For the first 2 years I had this new system, I didn't hear the fire
light in the furnace. Now I do. Once I got used to the whirr of the
motor and the rumble of the flame, I no longer give it my attention.
I know precisely what it is and am comfortable that it's _not_ a
problem.

Learn to ignore it, like mothers do with screaming children and pet
owners do with their yapping little (and loud barking big) dogs.

--
Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools,
and those who dare not, are slaves. --Lord Byron (1788-1824)