Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default Motion sensing lights

Rudy wrote:
Our house has motion-sensing light outside that come on at night when
motion is detected. The problem is that after a power failure, they
stay on all night (and maybe all day, I'm not sure). After a few days
of switching them off and back on,

Wait til dark. Turn OFF the switch..leave it OFF for about 20-30 sec.
Then turn it back 'on'..the light should be OFF (and re-set)

That is my light. Has to be off for 30 seconds to re-set. When I put
it up on my roof gable, I wired it through a switch on the porch
ceiling for easy resets. Have to activate it with a broom or similar
but...

Harry K