Posted to alt.home.repair
oldal4865

Default Alternate electric ideas

Jason wrote in message
.com...

. . .(snip). . .

So I can't help but wonder: if this stand-alone thing would power my
house for 48 hours (including my central heat and air, and my range),
then there must be something I can build myself to do the same thing.
With an electric bill exceeding $200 every month (over $300 during the
winter), I'm willing to consider just about anything!

- Jason

If you're really handy with tools and the like, a diesel generator can
be cost effective. They are most cost effective if you pipe the cooling
system so as to heat your house with the cooling water.

It's the owner's "sweat equity" that usually provides the greatest cost
saving. You provide "free" labor and reap the benefit. If you're not
savvy enough to provide the labor, it's no longer a good deal.

Regards
Old Al