Simon Avery

Default Wash-hand basin water drains away very slowly

(Kevin Becks) wrote:

Hello Kevin

KB| I've just replaced a 50 year old wash-hand basin with a new
KB| one. The old one was higher up by about 6 inches, and the
KB| water outlet is a way up the wall directly behind the basin.
KB| The new basin being lower means that there is just a small
KB| distance between the level of its plug, and the outlet pipe
KB| that goes through the wall. I've had to fit a
KB| flexible plastic pipe from the trap, that loops round, in
KB| order to make a connection. The only problem now is that the
KB| water drains away very very slowly. Other than standing the
KB| basin pedestal on a platform, or breaking the wall down to
KB| insert a new waste pipe low down, is there anything I can do
KB| to ease the problem?

Ah, you've got a localised spot of weak gravity. Could try installing
a block of antimatter underneath the sink?

Or just check and clean all pipework, a partial blockage could be the
issue. *Something* is impeding the clean flow of water, if it's not a
blockage then your pipework is too convoluted.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: