Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Restoring bowl dovetails

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:20:51 -0400, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:00:33 -0400, Gerald Ross wrote:

Gerald... I'd rather ask a dumb question that make a dumber mistake, so I'll ask
what kind of chuck you use?

My guess is a Nova?
The Oneway series would require a straight bit, I think?
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

It is a Nova. How would you make a dovetail recess with a straight bit?

That was my point... Oneway uses a straight jaw, Nova a dovetail..

BTW: Please don't feel like I (and the others) are taking pot shots at you..
You opened up a good topic with an idea that you had and we're commenting..
please don't feel flamed or anything..

(picture of jaws on ABPW for clarification)