Posted to alt.home.repair
Jason

Default Alternate electric ideas

does it make purring noises like an engine?

or are there electric wires coming into it from a pole?

Nope, and nope. I'm in a rural area and own 5 acres of property, and
the closest actual pole is at the end of my property; say, 100 yards
away. So there is no external source available to this unit, it's
completely self supportive.

And it doesn't make any noise at all.

you know, people were able to live without electricity 100 years ago.

are you serious or are you kidding?

Well, obviously I'm serious. Maybe I didn't explain the situation well;
I'm curious what alternatives (legal alternatives) people have come up
with to create their own electricity, without paying a separate
electric company.

I know of solar panels, and I know a local guy that uses a water wheel.
But this self-supportive unit has caught my interest, and I'm sure that
there must be other ideas out there.

- J