Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Motion sensing lights

"Jud McCranie" wrote in message
Our house has motion-sensing light outside that come on at night when
motion is detected. The problem is that after a power failure, they
stay on all night (and maybe all day, I'm not sure). After a few days
of switching them off and back on, they start working correctly again.
I don't have a manual for the lights (they were here when we bought
the house). After a power failure, what is the easiest way to get
them back in the correct mode?

Turn them off at the switch or breaker, then turn them back on. This is the
same way they can be set to stay on all the time. The power failure tells
it to say on just as you had used the switch. The photo cell puts them out
usually.