Posted to alt.home.repair
krw

Default Regrouting Bathroom Tile (Simple Question)

In article ain,
ldomain says...
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:01:11 -0500, Local Account wrote:

4 by 4 ceraminc tiles surround my bathroom tub
White non-sanded grout, 1/16th inch joints

I've been removing the grout thoroughly as prescribed. One thing I'm
concerned about. Perhaps the original tile job was not done
properly and one of the walls is warped as well. Anyway the joints
between the tiles are really skinny. About the width of a utility knife
blade, which is what I'm using to remove the grout in this area
(nearly half of the wall on the length of the tub).

Can I still re-grout the tiles with the skinny joints and expect it to
last?

Use *UN*-sanded grout, if it's less than 1/16".

--
Keith