Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Default Brick Chimney Peak Fell Inside Chimney During Heavy Rain/ Lightning Storm

"German Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wouldnt bother with the home insurance. If you do a small claim they
will drop you like a rock or crank your rates. Home insurance is only
something you want to use if it burned down.

You have got to do the carbon monoxide check first. Go buy a $20 Co
detector and plug it in next to your water heater to see if the CO is
backing up. If the detector goes off shut down the water heater untill
the repair is done.

If the chimney is expensive to fix go with a direct vent water heater
and have the chimney capped and sealed. I went to a direct vent and i
love it becasue it is cheaper to run. Next time i get my roof done i am
having my chimney removed becasue I dont need it anymore.

German Jerry

Good points.